Thursday, September 8, 2011

This and That

I haven't really made one thing worth posting about, but I've made a few smaller things that I'm pleased with.

From Twinkie Chan's book I made the cupcake hat and cupcake scarf. Not surprisingly, I bought a can of icing at the grocery store today.





Those were made hurriedly to redeem the fact that this hat turned out way too large. I still love it, and I found it a good home. It was my first successful attempt at intarsia, even though my gauge must have been off.



Then I made this little messenger bag from a kit that I bought. It's not lined- the seams show on the inside. It's not something I would have made had I set out to make a nice purse, but it was a quick project: took about an hour and I now have a simple bag that can take a beating without me worrying about getting a work of art dirty.

Years after Clapotis became all the rage among knitters, I finally got around to making it. It's so soft and drapey and cozy. I can't wait to wear it.


I feel like I should be out more; I'm in a new place for only a few months, I should be taking advantage of it all. But it's a small town so there's not a whole lot for me to explore, and this surge of productivity just hit me, so I want to take advantage of that, too. I think maybe a nesting thing in response to all this talk of fall coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment