Friday, July 15, 2011

Rollin' out of Tampa this Weekend

I can't believe it's been 4 1/2 months. 19 weeks. I was almost certain I was going to renew my contract, I was enjoying myself so much. But when this position came about in NC I felt such a peace about going, and now I'm excited to be on the move again, to go somewhere new, see different things, meet different people, get to know myself in a different way than I did in Tampa.
But, oh how I love Tampa. The beaches, the sun, the festivals and goings-on, all made me fall in love with it. I wonder if I'll feel this crush-type infatuation with each place I go, simply because it's new and different and short-lived. But regardless, Tampa will always be special to me because it's where I started.
And I feel a great affection for Moffitt and the people I worked with there. They welcomed me so readily and cheerfully and really made this a great experience.
And as I pack up to reload my car with all my belongings, there's someone moving all their belongings into a UHaul and I don't envy them. Their furniture and everything...I feel so lucky to just be able to pack up the car (and mail a few things to make room for my traveling companion).
So, off to take care of the few things on my to-do list :) the hard work is behind me still.

No comments:

Post a Comment